Health Examination

Health Examination

A health examination is necessary for all students wishing to stay in China for over six months; these will be the students who have, or wish to upgrade to an X visa.

Health Examination In Home Country

Health examination in your home country is permissible but must conform to the following standards:

  • The certificate of health submitted for check shall be issued by a public hospital of the country or region where the person resides and shall be stamped with the common seal of the examination-performing hospital and be signed by the practitioner, or shall be notarized by a notary organ of the country or region where the person resides if issued by a private hospital;
  • The certificate of health shall be an original copy with the photo of the examinee and attached with the original laboratory sheet and report sheet. The examination items include internal medical, surgical, five sense organs, electrocardiogram, chest x-ray and the laboratory examinations which shall consist of the serologically defined examinations for AIDS, venereal diseases, infectious hepatitis. If there is any nonconformity in the certificate of health, the quarantine inspection physician is entitled to demand the applicant to re-take the examination or take supplementary examination.

Health Examination In China

The health examination can take place once you have arrived in China. CSA will be on hand to help you with the procedure. The examination costs around 440 RMB and students should make sure that they have an empty stomach before attending the examination. The results are usually obtained within 3-5 days. Please be sure to tell a CSA staff member if you have not taken the health exam in your home country.

Health Certificate

The final part of the procedure is to obtain a health certificate. This will require you to bring your passport, 2 passport sized photos and health exam papers. These will be taken to the Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, if everything is in order they will issue you with a health certificate, the cost of this will be 40 RMB.

The cost of converting your visa once your health examination has been completed is approximately 480rmb. The total for changing your visa from tourist to student will amount to approximately 960 RMB.

CSA will be on hand to help you through this whole process and if you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact us! 

Apply Now Sign up for a CSA program with a friend and you both receive a 5% discount!
  • Beijing

    China Study Abroad Ltd
    3610 Capital Mansions,
    6 Xinyuan Nan Road, Chaoyang
    Beijing, 100027
    Phone: (+86) 10 8468 3799 
  • London

    China Study Abroad Ltd
    154 Bishopsgate
    London EC2M 4LN
    United Kingdom
    Phone: (+44) 0207 377 84 
  • Hong Kong

    China Study Abroad Ltd
    Rm 604-7 Dominion Centre
    43-59 Queen’s Road East
    Hong Kong
    Phone: (+852) 800 968 924 


f-grey t-grey

Our Newsletter