X1 & X2 Visas

Student "X1" and "X2" Visas

Student Visas can be applied for in person or by mail when Consulates are not located in your home city. X Visas are visas issued for students studying at universities in China. There are two type of X Visas - X1 Visa for students enrolled in a course over 180 days, X2 Visa for students enrolled in a course for under 180 days. 

Depending on your nationality and personal situation, the visa process can vary in length, cost and application requirements, however the following will be required of all applicants:

  1. Completed Visa Application form (can be obtained from the Chinese embassy or consulate. The form may also be downloaded online from certain Chinese embassy websites, please check your home country’s site).
  2. A “JW202” form. These forms are issued by the Chinese Ministry of Education for any Chinese language program over 180 days. CSA will send you the required form once full program fees are paid, and enrollment into your chosen institution has been completed.
  3. An Enrollment/Invitation letter from your chosen institution. CSA will also provide this document once your application has been successful and full program fees are paid.
  4. Two recent passport photos.
  5. A valid passport will also be required with at least six months remaining from the end date of your program.
  6. Applicants wishing to apply for an X1 type visa will require physical examination records.
  7. Full visa application fee - consult your consulate.


Apply Now Sign up for a CSA program with a friend and you both receive a 5% discount!
  • Beijing

    China Study Abroad Ltd
    3610 Capital Mansions,
    6 Xinyuan Nan Road, Chaoyang
    Beijing, 100027
    Phone: (+86) 10 8468 3799 
  • London

    China Study Abroad Ltd
    154 Bishopsgate
    London EC2M 4LN
    United Kingdom
    Phone: (+44) 0207 377 84 
  • Hong Kong

    China Study Abroad Ltd
    Rm 604-7 Dominion Centre
    43-59 Queen’s Road East
    Hong Kong
    Phone: (+852) 800 968 924 


f-grey t-grey

Our Newsletter